My Health Record obligations made clearer
The federal government’s My Health Record now has accompanying resources to help healthcare providers understand their obligations.
My Health Record is an initiative to provide secure online summaries of individuals’ health information. A My Health Record allows an individual’s doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers to view the individual’s health information, in accordance with their access controls. Individuals are also able to access their record online.
As the independent regulator for the privacy aspects of the My Health Record system, the OAIC is working with the health sector as it prepares for the system to become opt-out by the end of 2018.
The resources include:
- Guide to Mandatory Data Breach Notification in the My Health Record system
- Ways you can protect patient privacy when using the My Health Record system
- Handling personal information in the My Health Record system
- My Health Record Data Breach Response Plan (PDF)
Videos are also available:
- Privacy and the My Health Record system
- Handling sensitive information in the My Health Record system
- Data breach requirements in the My Health Record system
The Department of Human Services has introduced new digital assistants on its website so that...
The 121st Local Government Association of Queensland annual conference will be held from...
An expert panel has advised the government to implement reforms to its data linkage processes in...