My Health Record obligations made clearer
The federal government’s My Health Record now has accompanying resources to help healthcare providers understand their obligations.
My Health Record is an initiative to provide secure online summaries of individuals’ health information. A My Health Record allows an individual’s doctors, hospitals and other healthcare providers to view the individual’s health information, in accordance with their access controls. Individuals are also able to access their record online.
As the independent regulator for the privacy aspects of the My Health Record system, the OAIC is working with the health sector as it prepares for the system to become opt-out by the end of 2018.
The resources include:
- Guide to Mandatory Data Breach Notification in the My Health Record system
- Ways you can protect patient privacy when using the My Health Record system
- Handling personal information in the My Health Record system
- My Health Record Data Breach Response Plan (PDF)
Videos are also available:
- Privacy and the My Health Record system
- Handling sensitive information in the My Health Record system
- Data breach requirements in the My Health Record system
South Australia is introducing its first driverless electric shuttle for public roads.
Spookfish has won a contract to provide high-resolution aerial imagery of the state's major...
A new high-tech payment method is being rolled out on public transport across Queensland.