Hyper-scale technology the focus of DC roadshow
Thursday, 09 June, 2016
An IT roadshow, focusing on hyper-scale technology as it takes over the enterprise data centre, will soon take off across Eastern Australia’s major capital cities from 21–23 June.
Organised by CommScope, attendees can join and network with respected data centre industry leaders at any of the interactive workshops that will visit Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
“Whether you need location flexibility, deep physical layer insight or advanced connectivity, a partnership with CommScope is the innovative way to ensure that your data centre delivers the optimal experience to your customers,” said the company.
Arrive at 8.30 am for registration and breakfast. The event will conclude following an expert panel discussion that will commence at 12.30 pm.
- David Hanrahan — General Manager, Cloud Services, Dimension Data, will be opening the session at 9.00 am and speaking on ‘Evolving the DC with hyper converged infrastructure’. He has previously led Dimension Data’s virtual data centre and Microsoft solutions business units.
- Howard Fyffe — Director, Australia & New Zealand IOE, S+CC and Digital Solutions, Cisco, will speak on ‘Evolving DC fabric and switching’. He leads Cisco’s IoT and Digital Solutions Strategy and GTM for Australia and New Zealand.
- James Young — Global Data Center Business Leader, CommScope, will discuss ‘Evolving fibre agile high capacity fibre optic networks’. As the global leader of CommScope’s data centre business, he heads the team responsible for engineering solutions for data centre facilities and networking systems in the region.
- Jason Bautista — Technical Marketing Engineer, CommScope, will talk on ‘Evolving AIM’. As a technical engineer, his role supports the design and implementation of automated infrastructure management systems used in service provider and enterprise data centres worldwide.
- June 21: Sydney — Australian Technology Park
- June 22: Melbourne — Fenix Events, Richmond
- June 23: Brisbane — Brisbane Powerhouse
Australia's first Tier III regional data centre is open for business in Toowoomba, 120...
An ounce of prevention is better than millions of dollars of recovery, so make sure your UPS is...
Green, efficient and clean storage will build our partnership with the planet, not ruin it.