Cloud applications webinars for education professionals
Amazon Web Services (AWS) will host a series of webinars in March for Australian education professionals, showcasing how innovative cloud solutions are being used in the sector.
The webinars will cover a variety of topics, such as voice assistants, data analytics, AI, machine learning and serverless technologies.
Webinar 1: Alexa transforming education in learning, teaching and administration
Thursday, 5 March, 11.00 am to 12.00 pm AEDT
Speaker: Zoe Pelbart, Education Business Development, AWS
Voice technologies are dynamically changing the landscape in education, transforming how students can engage and ask questions, consume knowledge and interact with their institutions in a personalised and accessible manner. Webinar participants will hear from AWS customers about how Alexa improves student engagement and makes education institutions more accessible.
This session is a 100-level business discussion, covering key services: Alexa for Education/Business and a series of AWS’s AI Services that complement the customer experience suite such as Amazon Lex, Amazon Polly, Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Comprehend and Amazon Translate.
- Learn about the value Alexa technologies can quickly add to learning and back office environments
- Quickly create and scale an Alexa Skill for classrooms, organisations, institutions
- Use Alexa to create broader accessibility of information
Webinar 2: Cloud innovation in education
Tuesday, 10 March, 11.00 am to 11.45 am AEDT
Speaker: Vincent Quah, APAC Head of Education, AWS
Education institutions are accelerating their digital transformation journeys, with the cloud being a major driver of that journey and success. This webinar will focus on data analytics, artificial intelligence and machine learning projects, which have never been easier to design, build and deploy services using the flexible and scalable model provided by cloud.
- Learn how AWS is supporting the global business of education
- Explore key technological trends in the education industry
- Learn about different use cases from education institutions in A/NZ and across the globe
Webinar 3: Unifying student data with AWS
Tuesday, 17 March, 11.00 am to 11.45 am AEDT
Speaker: Paul Macey, Big Data Specialist, Solutions Architect, AWS
Learn how to go serverless with AWS and prepare, stage and produce insights using student data from applications like Moodle, Canvas, TechnologyOne and edX. This webinar will cover how using services including Amazon DMS, Amazon S3, Amazon Athena and Amazon SageMaker can enable education organisations to gain insights on previously siloed student data.
- Learn how data from disparate student systems can be consolidated into an AWS data lake, transformed and queried using Amazon Athena to find insights
- Discover how to prepare the data for use with Amazon SageMaker for machine learning workloads
For registration details, visit the AWS webinar website.
A student virtual reality project will be implemented by Youth Justice NSW, helping to train and...
Nearly half of Generation Z are not well informed about digital career pathways, according to new...
Australian educators do not have adequate time to access research to help them improve their skills.