Blockchain conference to feature latest tech developments
Australia’s blockchain community is gearing up to share ideas and insights and help spur the technology’s adoption at this year’s APAC Blockchain Conference.
The conference — to be held in Melbourne on 28–30 April — will explore practical uses and successful deployments of blockchain in Australian businesses, as well as new developments in the decentralised finance sector, regulatory and policy challenges and the impact of Libra, according to Blockchain Australia.
Speakers include: Libra Australia Executive Chair Heath Behncke; ANZ Head of Innovation Services Jackie Kallman; BitTrade Managing Director Jonathon Desmond Miller; Fractonium Founder and Chief Executive Officer Tim Lea; and CSIRO’s Data 61 Senior Principal Researcher, Mark Staples.
The Australian Blockchain Industry Awards are also making a comeback, recognising those individuals and businesses who are leading the way in blockchain, development, deployment, use and growth.
Award Categories include:
- Leader of the Year
- Blockchain Policy Maker or Influencer of the Year
- Blockchain Innovator of the Year
- Blockchain Entrepreneur of the Year
- Blockchain Community Leader of the Year
- Female Blockchain Leader of the Year
- Blockchain Business of the Year
- Blockchain Advisor (Technical) of the Year
- Blockchain Advisor (Professional Services) of the Year
- Digital Currency Exchange of the Year
- Blockchain Project (Government) of the Year
- Blockchain Project (Corporate) of the Year
- Blockchain Start-Up or Scale-Up of the Year
Entries are open to Australian residents and registered businesses until 29 March.
Bushfire-affected small enterprises could be up for one of 2000 'Green Shoots grants' to...
Almost half of Australian organisations have implemented IoT solutions in a bid to boost...
The ACCC has been tasked with undertaking an 18-month inquiry into competition and other issues...