SaaS migration tools will boost benefits
Sydney-based IT analysis firm IBRS has launched maturity assessment and methodology tools to assist organisations with the task of SaaS migration.
In order to improve business performance, or reduce the cost of doing business, forward-thinking IT organisations are trying to run IT as a service (ITaaS), said Dr Wissam Raffoul from IBRS.
“There are many challenges; for example, long software implementation time lines, fragmented delivery processes, as well as insufficient skilled resources to meet business demands,” said Dr Raffoul.
Dr Raffoul says delays in the business impact of as-a-service migration may include:
- revenue loss due to delays in launching new services and products to the market;
- increased business and IT costs due to reduced ability to remove inefficiencies;
- reduced ability to measure and communicate service value;
- remaining focused on technology issues instead of improving service levels that reflect business operations.
Additionally, IT organisations’ chances of significantly contributing to business transformation are low if staff attention is not shifted from an IT function (eg, database management) to a services mentality that requires multiple IT functions coordination.
To address that issue, IBRS has developed a self-assessment model to examine the maturity of internal IT capabilities against those of commercial organisations.
The model helps validate IT groups’ modes of operations in the areas of service relevance, efficiency creation and market offerings procurement. This facilitates partnering with business stakeholders and external providers.
According to Dr Raffoul, following the maturity assessment, the methodology:
- provides a step-by-step approach to examine the alternatives and cost-effectiveness of SaaS migrations;
- provides an SaaS migration business case;
- identifies SaaS migration risks and provides risk mitigation strategies;
- analyses internal and external costs;
- analyses hybrid cloud alternatives;
- analyses external-market SaaS migration options;
- provides an SaaS migration in-house option if needed.
Queensland Rugby League has invested in OneCorporate, a new enterprise software solution from...
EFTPOS has announced the availability of new APIs to enable Australian fintechs to create...
The ACCC has authorised the proposed merger of eftpos with BPAY Group Holding and NPP Australia,...